
Welcome to my blog. I hope to post thoughts, ideas, and memories pertaining to the world around me. Speaking of the world around me, love this picture of the Oregon Coast that was taken on a recent trip. There is nothing like the undending visual and repetitive sound of the ocean waves to make you think that life will just keep going and going.
Sadly, that is not true. This country lost a great liberal politician last week. I mourn the loss of Ted Kennedy, his willpower, his determination, and his unceasing ability to help those without a voice in our country. We can only hope that somewhere he will be steering the healthcare debate in the right direction - towards a single payer format, which I personally experienced while living in Germany. There is nothing like the security of knowing what the cure will cost you to make you feel better - and better about seeking it out in the first place.
I can only hope that the Lion is out there, still trying to help us finally find our way to a better healthcare system, a better government, a better country.
No comments:
Post a Comment